The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Brewers Best Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2008, 05:02 PM   #1
cglkaptc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Brewers Best Kit

Hi all,

I just got a brewers best Deluxe kit, and only one of the buckets has a spigot on it. Should I use the one with the spigot as the bottling bucket or the fermenter. And why?

Any help will do.
Thanks

He who goes to bed with itchy butt wakes up with stinky finger.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2008, 05:22 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2708 Times on 1627 Posts
Likes Given: 3483

Quote:
Originally Posted by cglkaptc
Hi all,

I just got a brewers best Deluxe kit, and only one of the buckets has a spigot on it. Should I use the one with the spigot as the bottling bucket or the fermenter. And why?

Any help will do.
Thanks
It's actually a matter of preference.....But the most coomon way is described below.

Usually you use the one with the spigot as the bottling bucket. The process is that a bottling time you boil approximately 5 ounces of priming sugar dissolved in 2 cups of water. Let it cool, then pour that in the bottom of the bottling bucket. Then using a siphon or auto siphon you carefully "rack" the beer into the the priming solution in the bottling bucket. I usually curve the siphon hose around the bottling bucket so that as the beer flows into it it rotates and mixes with the sugar water for even distribution.

Afterwords you attach your hose and bottling wand onto the spigot, open it and begin boottling....

Welcome to the wonderfully addicting world of beer making....

Any questions, this is the place to ask.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply