Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > brewers best amber cerveza style XX

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2009, 01:06 AM   #1
yeasty
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default brewers best amber cerveza style XX

anyone brewed this one and can you tell me if i should reach the advertised 1.007-1.009 FG easily if i followed the recipe verbatim ?

it was only in the primary 7 days, but is still in the secondary....and i still get an occasional bubble.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2009, 01:19 AM   #2
XXguy
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 26

What's the current gravity reading?

What's the temperature of your beer?

Did you test the gravity before you racked to the secondary?

Generally, a secondary is there to help clear up the beer, not to finalize fermentation. Bubbling can come from temperature swings, CO2 out-gassing, or fermentation. Do some reading & searching here before you end up with 5 other people telling you that an airlock is not a fermentation guage.

I've done the XX.... I liked it. I had no problems other than the hops supplied with the kit seemed quite old & off-color. I was lucky I had some other fresh hops. I think that was my last Brewer's Best kit.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:28 AM   #3
yeasty
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

ok, well, i wasnt going to take a FG reading because it was still bubbling. i will pull a sample ASAP ! yes the OG was 1.004ish (i am still new to taking readings). temp is 68 degrees.

no i did not test the gravity at secondary racking....the bubbles has died off considerably....my mistake.

Quick Reply