Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Brew smell

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2010, 04:30 AM   #41
Mermaid
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I love the smell of the actual mashing/cooking process, probably because it smells like bread to me.

Most of the time the fermenters smell pretty good to me, but this last batch was kicking some mad sulphur that I didn't even notice until a few days later when I was trying to identify where the "strange smell on my clothes" was coming from.

Oh yeah, fermentation funk.

Moved that sucka out of my room and back into a larger room.

I guess it depends on what's fermenting / the yeast being used. An air purifier can help keep the air circulating and a carbon filter on the air cleaner helps with some of the funk.

-------------------------
Primary: Empty
Secondary: Empty!
an empty fermenter is a sad fermenter
Bottled: Nut brown ale, Bink blond clone (she's a bitter Belgian!) Belgian Wit, several other tasty beers that have since been consumed!
On deck: TBD

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2010, 04:37 AM   #42
Limited Visibility
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

My SWMBO also dislikes the smell of the beer while I am brewing it. She doesn't like it but she knows I love to brew beer... so she puts up with it. We are waiting until we can afford a house which will probably be in about 2-3 years to start outside brewing. Although my sister-in-law has a house and I have her husband very interested in brewing so he said I can come over and brew any time I would like. My SWMBOS parents also have a turkey fryer I can have, guess they haven't used it since they got it a couple years back.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply