Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Brew pot

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2010, 02:03 AM   #11
PorterIdontknowher
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronado13 View Post
I'm actually in the same boat right now, just got a kit for Christmas and I'm looking for a brew pot too... I have a question about some that I've seen with a valve and a thermometer in them. I understand the thermometer, but how about the valve? Would I really need that to start? or is the valve really more useful when I start doing full grain stuff? Just curious, it seems like it could be something extra to keep clean, etc... and didn't know if when you do use it, if you'd hook up a line to it or anything?
As the pot gets bigger they get heavy...

I use an immersion chiller and then an autosiphon. If you want to flow hot wort through a counter-flow chiller or pump it somewhere, the plastic siphon becomes less useable...

I started with a 5 gallon SS pot for $45 at Target. I added a $75 36 quart SS Bayou Classic pot (on Amazon). The 5 gallon is still used for heating mash and sparge water, so it isn't a waste and is better sized for stovetop duty...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2010, 02:14 AM   #12
msa8967
mickaweapon
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 70 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostsr20 View Post
He meant 36 quart/9 gallon.
thanks for making this clear. Trying to compose, type and take care of our 8 month old son can make multi-tasking a bit difficult.

Mick Arnett
North Liberty, Iowa
"Beer will change the world. I don't know how, but it will."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply