Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Branding your brew

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 06:04 PM   #21
zeg
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 129 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Unless and until you're actually selling something (or trying to establish some sort of brand identity for other reasons), I wouldn't worry about it. Think about it? Sure, why not. But there's no reason that it can't change with every batch since there's not much need for a continuous identity.

For the occasions when I make labels, I have a little name and logo for the "brewery." It's a joke/running theme between a couple friends and I, but it wouldn't survive the transition to a commercial operation (there's already a moderate-sized brewery using the name). That doesn't matter, though, it's really just a fun design element to make the label look like a real product. Anyone who's talking about the beers I brew calls them my beers, not "xyz brewery" beers.

There's no reason not to have fun with it, but I'd start using a name when I happened to find one I liked. Until then, I'd just go without one.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #22
Arrheinous
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 81 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 145

The 'To Be Determined Brewhaus Co.'.

Fermenting: Berliner Dunkelweisse; Schwarzbier; DFH India Brown Ale Clone; Belgian Pale Ale
Aging: Brett'd Old Ale; Ancho Chile Berliner Weisse; Flander's Red; Oud Bruin
On Tap: Pumpkin Lambic; Southern English Brown Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply