Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Branding your brew

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 02:10 AM   #11
Channel66
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1049 Times on 682 Posts
Likes Given: 94

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=39937

Give this thread a read through.

Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire.— David Rains Wallace

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 02:21 AM   #12
mr_cad
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Right under your nose

Quote:
Originally Posted by F250 View Post
Might be best to keep the horse in front of the cart. Just sayin....

Rick
You can call it Cart Horse Brewing. Always putting the cart before the horse!

(1 Timothy 5:23) . . .Do not drink water any longer, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent cases of sickness.

kingofmalkier Likes This 
Old 01-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #13
OrdinaryAvgGuy
Recipes 

Liked 180 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cad View Post
You can call it Cart Horse Brewing. Always putting the cart before the horse!
Nice! Maybe something like this..

Old 01-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #14
OrdinaryAvgGuy
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Channel66 View Post
Lots of great ideas here!

Old 01-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #15
Arrheinous
Recipes 

Liked 77 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrdinaryAvgGuy View Post
Maybe I am putting a little too much thought into this but I am having a difficult time coming up with a name brand for my future brewing endeavors.

You see, it's not that I am not creative with these types of things but I want a name that I can stick with for a lifetime.

I do not have any children yet but I suppose branding your beer with a name would be comparable to naming your first born child?

My concerns heighten as I am constantly daydreaming about owning and operating a microbrewery one day several years from now. I want a name that I can proudly display from my homebrewing days on..

This question is open to everyone but I am really interested in those micro-brewers who have taken their hobby to the full-time career level.

Did you rename your brew for success when you started to sell your brew or did you stick with your original homebrew name and had success.

For the homebrewers: Is this a shared concern or am I the only novice that shares this dilemma?
I have some pipedreams about running a brewpub someday.

I figure someday the name will come to you and you'll know that it couldn't be anything else. The name might have some personal value or represent a story or is completely random or in the "[adjective] [noun]" formula. How do you pick your forum usernames?

At least for myself, as a beer drinker of maybe two years, I used to order by name to start so the interesting ones caught my attention first.

Arrheinous Brewing would be a reference to a scientist Arrhenius and changing around that last bit. Now that's Arr-heinous, I'm thinking pirate scientists and from there maybe we get the "Black Hole Stout". I think going from an initial concept to final concept works better when it's indirect (A to C thinking, rather than A to B to C).

Fermenting: Deception 'Eggnog' Stout
Aging: Brett'd Old Ale; Ancho Chile Berliner Weisse; Flander's Red; Oud Bruin; Pumpkin Lambic; Southern English Brown Ale; Rice Wine; Saffron Xmas Tripel
On Tap: Cherry Lacto Saison; Heathered Scottish Ale 85/-

Old 01-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #16
GrogNerd
Why must it always be pandemonium?
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 888 Times on 613 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Ordinary Average Guy Brewing

sounds good

"Why must it always be pandemonium?" - George Mueller/Nelson Van Alden

"Beer. Good." - Words of House Grog

drinking: Maibock, DB8Point IPA Clone, Belgian Wit, Rain Delay IPA, Wojtkowiak Piwo, CLB's Barleywine, 8Hearted Pale Ale, O'Rob's Dry Irish Stout, DB8PT Session Ale, Wojtkowiak Grodziskie - bottle conditioning: Otto M. Gourd Pumpkin Barleywine, Jewel Thieves Apple Wine, CLB's Barleywine 1.2

DromJohn Likes This 
Old 01-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #17
zeg
Recipes 

Liked 128 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 137

If you want a meaningful name with a good story, you're going about finding it the wrong way. Those aren't often created by sitting down and thinking really hard for a few days and then writing something down. If you don't already *know* what the name should be, just wait a while. At some point you'll realize what you should call it.

You can't manufacture Inspirado.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:44 PM   #18
OrdinaryAvgGuy
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrheinous View Post
I have some pipedreams about running a brewpub someday.

I figure someday the name will come to you and you'll know that it couldn't be anything else. The name might have some personal value or represent a story or is completely random or in the "[adjective] [noun]" formula. How do you pick your forum usernames?

At least for myself, as a beer drinker of maybe two years, I used to order by name to start so the interesting ones caught my attention first.

Arrheinous Brewing would be a reference to a scientist Arrhenius and changing around that last bit. Now that's Arr-heinous, I'm thinking pirate scientists and from there maybe we get the "Black Hole Stout". I think going from an initial concept to final concept works better when it's indirect (A to C thinking, rather than A to B to C).
Interesting and thoughtful name.

I know that a name will come to me someday and that day could be tomorrow, next week, month, year, or even 5 years.

The debate that I am having with my self is whether to give it a name just for the sake of having a name to tell others when they ask and possibly alter or completely change the name later or wait until I come up with a highly marketable name in case I decide to sell my brew one day.

Sorry, just the marketing and sales side of me coming out.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #19
ScotBrew
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I simply named mine after the street SWMBO and I live on. It's my first house since I moved to America from Scotland 8 months ago and I felt that it would be a nice reminder years and years down the line of where we both started out.

Plus it'll be nice to reminisce about this little house when we both live in our million dollar house! (Gotta have dreams and something to aim for, right?)

Fermenter 3 - Green Flash IPA Clone
Fermenter 4, 5 & 6 - Empty
Bottled - Kolsch

Old 01-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #20
Hockeyhunter99
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I think you are starting on a good foot. It is like when you buy your first house. You don't know what you want but when you see it, you will know it and own it.

Keep your ears and mind open for now and when it hits you, the name will stick and you will have your name.

Beer Renaissance definition - transformation from a heavy beer drinker to drinking heavy beer

Keg - American Pale Ale

Primary - Chocolate Cascadian Dark Ale
Primary - ButterBeer

Quick Reply