Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Bourbon Porter

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2011, 10:04 PM   #1
DoubleAught
...is drinking again
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 100 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Default Bourbon Porter

Being from Southern Indiana I have grown up loving bourbon. I don't drink it often as it brings out a mean streak in me I'd rather keep hidden. Within the last six months I have discovered beer infused with Bourbon, which of course incorporates my 2 favorite things ever. I recently brewed AHS's Whiskey Porter and used 675 ml of Bourbon at bottling. Drinking my first one right now and if I can toot my own horn, it's probably one of the best beers I have ever tasted. That is all, thanks for reading

In their efforts to regulate beer quality, the ancient Babylonians, who were among history's earliest brewers, decreed that any commercial beermaker who sold unfit beer would be drowned in their own libation.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2011, 10:08 PM   #2
BradleyBrew
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 84 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I'm from Cincy so I understand about the love for Bourbon. I did a heavy Scottish ale recipe and oaked it for 6 weeks with 10oz of Makers Mark. Its been bottled for about 3 months. I've tried a few and only gets better with age.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:11 PM   #3
DoubleAught
...is drinking again
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyBrew View Post
I'm from Cincy so I understand about the love for Bourbon. I did a heavy Scottish ale recipe and oaked it for 6 weeks with 10oz of Makers Mark. Its been bottled for about 3 months. I've tried a few and only gets better with age.
sounds delicious! Makers Mark is my bourbon of choice!
In their efforts to regulate beer quality, the ancient Babylonians, who were among history's earliest brewers, decreed that any commercial beermaker who sold unfit beer would be drowned in their own libation.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:11 PM   #4
acuenca
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Tonight, I'm cracking open my 5 month old NB bourbon barrel porter with 600 mL of Woodford Reserve...

Old 12-31-2011, 10:18 PM   #5
DoubleAught
...is drinking again
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by acuenca View Post
Tonight, I'm cracking open my 5 month old NB bourbon barrel porter with 600 mL of Woodford Reserve...
oooOOO prost mein freund!

Old 12-31-2011, 10:37 PM   #6
acuenca
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Gleichfalls!!!

Old 01-27-2013, 05:51 AM   #7
nicleung
Recipes 

Cheers! I've now got the 12B AHS Whiskey Barrel Porter in the primary fermenter for a week. It slowed down two days in and I'm considering keeping it in the primary for yet another week then +2 in the secondary. Austin Homebrew suggests transferring after 5-7 days, but I've heard other brewers waiting another week or up to one month in the primary before transferring to the secondary fermentation. Appreciate any advice on timing. Thanks folks!

Old 01-27-2013, 12:32 PM   #8
picerjamo
Recipes 

I'm from Cincy so I understand about the love for Bourbon.

Quick Reply