Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > bottling next week

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2007, 12:54 PM   #1
Mustangfreak
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default bottling next week

I'm using the mr beer keg, and I was wondering how do I go about bottling without getting the particles at the bottom, in the bottle? I know not to move the fermenter, so I placed it in a spot where I wouldn't have to.

Or is there going to be some in the bottle no matter what I do?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2007, 02:26 PM   #2
Kayos
disclaimers are sissy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Most of the trub will be below the line of the spigot. If you want to try really hard, put a rag under the front of the keg so it leans back a bit. Let it sit for a day like that and the trub will flow to the back. Then bottle and the first 3 bottles will not have any in them. To get to the last of the beer, you will need to put back to normal position, but you can mark that one if you like. You will get sediment no matter what when you bottle condition, and the trub will just be on the sediment, so most don't worry about it. It is more in the pour and leaving the last bit in the bottom of the bottle than in the keeping the bottle clear.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:17 PM   #3
Mustangfreak
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayos
It is more in the pour and leaving the last bit in the bottom of the bottle than in the keeping the bottle clear.

I have no clue why I didn't think of that.

Quick Reply