Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Bottling Bucket

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2010, 09:55 PM   #11
IXVolt
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by TipsyDragon View Post
make sure the spigot is tight before sanitizing.

unless you are siphoning wrong there shouldn't be hardly any trub in your bucket. much less enough to clog the spigot. i've never had a problem with either.

I think the concern with Trub was from using a spigot in the primary. Not racking into a bottling bucket with a spigot.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2010, 09:59 PM   #12
DocBrown
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick500 View Post
Easiest: get a bottling bucket with a spigot and attach a bottle filler to the spigot with only an inch or two of tubing. Put the bucket on the counter over the dishwasher, open the dishwasher door and use the open door as your bottle filling table. You will spill some beer...this way you just close the door and your cleanup is pretty much done.
This is exactly what I do. Put your primary (or secondary) on the kitchen counter for a couple hours while you get your bottles sanitized and your priming solution prepared. That will give any stirred up sediment time to settle back out. Just be careful when you siphon/rack your beer into your bottling bucket and you should leave behind the vast majority of the sediment. I also got a drilled rubber stopper that fits the inside of my bottling bucket spigot and stuck a nylon barbed elbow into it. It does reduce the flow a bit, but it also gets every last bit of my wort out of my bottling bucket!

Old 04-20-2010, 10:02 PM   #13
Johnny_Crunch
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdGen View Post
Okay, so you got the bucket that has a spigot, then you attach the tubing to the spigot, then the tubing to the bottle filler tool. Is that your setup?
That's how I roll. The bottle filler is a must.

J Crunch

Old 04-21-2010, 01:47 AM   #14
CBK
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Check out this thread. http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/bott...ebrewer-94812/

Quick Reply