bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are they the ones with the resealable tops? if so they should be fine if they're airtight

Interesting. I may have to give this a try.

Has anyone bottled with the Bud/Bud Light aluminum pry-off pint bottles? I know it's still advertising for them, and would involve me buying the bottles, but i'm curious how the bottles may be different.

Glad to hear it worked. I've heard that resealable bottles are a disaster waiting to happen, but if it worked for you, then it's worth trying out!

Interesting. I may have to give this a try.

Has anyone bottled with the Bud/Bud Light aluminum pry-off pint bottles? I know it's still advertising for them, and would involve me buying the bottles, but i'm curious how the bottles may be different.

I pulled one out of the trash at the golf course and brought it home to see if it would take a cap. It wouldn't. Didn't have that ridge the capper grabs onto.

just an update, they worked great

The ones I tried blew up (see pics below). You think we didn't tighten them enough? I was doing the bottle wand and my friend was doing the caps.

Cooler%203.jpg

cooler2.jpg

Dude, Gatorade bottles? You gotta get a capper man, they're cheap as hell!

The ones I tried blew up (see pics below). You think we didn't tighten them enough? I was doing the bottle want, and my friend was doing the caps.

Granted, I haven't tried those aluminum bottles with the screw on caps... but I like my glass bottles and bottle caps. They don't do that exploding top thing unless I mess up bad. :drunk: I would definitely recommend you give it a go.

Bigelow92 said:
Dude, Gatorade bottles? You gotta get a capper man, they're cheap as hell!

Thanks. I have a capper and usually do glass bottles. This though was a special batch especially brewed and bottled for tailgating. Security has been cracking down on the no glass bottles in the parking lot rule so we saved some G2 bottles and gave it a try. Doubt we'll do it again, what with the explosions and all.

Well,the couple times I used my Cooper's PET bottles,we had to go back & re-tighten all the caps another 1/4-1/2 turn or so. You have to get them gorilla tight for them to carb properly. But that should've been fine. A little loose,& they just leak co2 for less carbonation in my experience. Never had one blow.
Maybe you overcarbed those?...

Back