Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Bottled with the oldest son tonight

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2011, 04:27 AM   #1
OHIOSTEVE
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Default Bottled with the oldest son tonight

My son wanted a vanilla porter. Not one with a hint of vanilla but a hit you in the face vanilla ( I think it is gonna be over whelming) Anyway we made a robust porter that I had made a few times prior and added 1.75 oz pure vanilla extract at 10 mins of the boil. Then we soaked 2 scraped and chopped vanilla beans to a small amount of spiced rum and let that soak for a couple weeks. Racked the porter to a secondary and strained the vanilla rum into it. let that set a week and cold crashed and bottled it tonight. The 2 year old grandson had to set with me and " help papaw bottle beer" ... The sample was not as bad as I expected but I have a feeling it is gonna be rough.

BALDGUT BREWS

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2011, 04:48 AM   #2
EarlyBirdBrew
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sounds like it's gonna be vanilla-e, keep us up to date as I have a porter on the schedule for this year and I am curious how the vanilla works with it.

EarlyBird Brewing
www.earlybirdbrew.com

Primary: [Emma]rillo Wheat, Apfelwein
Secondary: N/A
Bottled: AHS 20th Pale Ale, British Mild, Blueberry Chocolate Stout, Piloncillo Brown, Baltic Porter, Oaked Baltic Porter

Old 02-10-2011, 05:34 AM   #3
PolishStout
Recipes 

I'm interested in how it turns out too. I tried a vanilla java porter microbrew earlier this year and absolutely loved it!

Old 02-10-2011, 05:36 AM   #4
OHIOSTEVE
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 26

let you iknow in a few weeks.

BALDGUT BREWS

Quick Reply