Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Bottled beer storage & dry yeast storage

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #1
raven77
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Bottled beer storage & dry yeast storage

Just 2 quick questions.
1. About how long can I store my homebrew (bottled) in a cool dark place before it goes bad? (my wife just found out that she is pregnant and i just started brewing so i was wondering if i can store a few for her until after the baby is born so she can try the progression of my new hobby)

2.When i buy my brewers best kits i have kept my dry yeast packs in my basement with my brew equipment at about 64 degrees. Should i be keeping them in the fridge until i use them? and if so how long do they need to warm up before i pitch them?

Thanks for the help
Happy brewing

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 01:38 PM   #2
dbhokie
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

1.) That's a broad question, many styles of beers taste better after conditioned in the bottle for months, (I especially have this experience with a lot of fuller bodied, and belgian style beers), and IPA's, and more hoppy beers tend to taste better fresh IME. There isn't really a time table, perhaps some decent practices for different types of beer.

2.) Most dry yeast the recommended temperature is 46 degrees F. I ALWAYS put mine in the fridge or freezer.

Abbey Ale #2
Rye Imperial Pale Ale
Primary
20 Gallons of Apple Cider
Secondary
Bourbon Vanilla Imperial Porter
Conditioning (Bottle)
---So Sad

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply