Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Bottled beer = no CO2 yet :(

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2009, 02:30 AM   #1
JMU_Alumn08
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Bottled beer = no CO2 yet :(

I just opened up a bottle of my apricot ale after 8 days in primary and about 10 days in secondary. SG was a little bit above 1.06 and it dropped down to 1.012 or so and stayed there for a few days before I bottled. Now after being in the bottle for just over a week, I'm getting no CO2 bubbles, no head, no noise when I crack the bottle cap off! I know I am supposed to wait 3 weeks at 70 degrees but I expected at least some CO2 build up! Am I impatient or do I have a problem? Thoughts? Beer tastes great though for being flat.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2009, 02:34 AM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

3 weeks@ 70. 3 weeks @ 70. 3 weeks @ 70.

Read this, and watch the video linked in there...and come back to the bottle in a couple more weeks, you aren't making koolaid!

Of patience and bottle conditioning...

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 03-11-2009, 02:38 AM   #3
JMU_Alumn08
Recipes 

haha I just read that post but I'm still freaking out man! I think i need to brew up another batch to distract me...

Old 03-11-2009, 03:03 AM   #4
ArcaneXor
Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 15

It's perfectly normal for bottles not to show signs of carbonation after a week. I'd just leave them alone, but if you want to, you can turn the bottles upside down a couple of times to stir up the yeast.

Kegged: Fat Man Porter w/ 1469, Fat Man Porter w/ 005, Centennial Falcon w/ Conan, Centennial Falcon w/ Denny's, Barrel-aged Fat Man Porter, Belgian Dark Strong, Dark Mild

Old 03-11-2009, 03:04 AM   #5
rsmith179
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I hate to ask a stupid question, but are you sure you used priming sugar when bottling? Revvy's for sure right about 3 weeks, but I can honestly say that every beer I've brewed has had SOME type of carbonation after a week in the bottles. Not to worry you, still stick with the three week plan, but I just wanted to make sure you primed the beers too!

"Brewers enjoy working to make beer as much as drinking beer instead of working."
-Harold Rudolph

Quick Reply