bottle warm or cold after cold crashing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far I have bottled mine cold and it seems to carb up just fine. I was worried that the priming sugar wouldn't mix properly but it hasn't been a problem. I let the beer swirl in the bottling bucket while racking it onto 1/2 the sugar solution, then add the other half of the sugar solution when about half the beer is in the bucket. After racking I usually let it sit for 1/2 hour or so while I am setting up the bottling equipment and sanitizing bottles.

When cold crashing, some of the solids drop out of solution. As long as you rack to your bottling bucket before the beer warms, those precipitates will not go back into solution. You could, if you wanted, leave the beer in the bottling bucket to warm, but I don't see any benefit. I don't see how there could be a difference between bottling warm or cold, as long as you warm them after bottling so they can carb up.

Back