Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Bottle my bear 2 days ago.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2009, 08:25 PM   #1
momodig
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Bottle my bear 2 days ago.

I had my brew in primary for 2 weeks... then racked to secondary for 3 weeks... and bottled two days ago....

It appears there is a white milky substance at the bottom of all my bottles. If I shake the bottle it disapates back into the beer.

What is this white substance? is it bad? it doesn't appear to be mold.

Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2009, 08:27 PM   #2
KYB
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Is it the sugar?

Old 08-30-2009, 08:27 PM   #3
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 111 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 2

It's sediment. It means your beer is carbonating. It's a good thing. In a couple weeks, you can pop open your brew and enjoy!

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett

Old 08-30-2009, 08:31 PM   #4
momodig
Recipes 

ahh neat... i'm tempted to open just on up now... I've never tasted home brew before... that way I can see how the beer ages and tastes better as it stays in the bottles longer... should that be ok?

Old 08-30-2009, 08:36 PM   #5
iamopie2
Recipes 

anyone who says they have never opened a beer after a couple days to see how it tastes is lying

It is just fine and something everyone does, especially with their first beer. It won't be carbonated and wont be nearly as good as several months from now but it wont hurt anything, go for it

Old 08-30-2009, 08:48 PM   #6
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamopie2 View Post
anyone who says they have never opened a beer after a couple days to see how it tastes is lying

It is just fine and something everyone does, especially with their first beer.

I never did...I knew from reading to wait....

The problem with sneaking beers when you know they will be undercarbed and prolly still green, is that when the beer IS ready and you are enjoying it at it's peak, all those that you could be enjoying now you pissed down the toilet 3 weeks ago....

There is a saying, that the best bottle of beer is ALWAYS the last one in the batch....

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 08-30-2009, 09:03 PM   #7
momodig
Recipes 

Wow Revvy -- take it easy... I simply only taking one beer... I have over 48 bottles of beer and brewing another batch already... this is a first experience for me... i simply want to taste the beer mature and differance from a few days to a week, and so on.. wow

Last edited by momodig; 08-30-2009 at 09:05 PM.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:20 PM   #8
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by momodig View Post
Wow Revvy -- take it easy... I simply only taking one beer... I have over 48 bottles of beer and brewing another batch already... this is a first experience for me... i simply want to taste the beer mature and differance from a few days to a week, and so on.. wow
????????????????????

I didn't say anything for you to get all defensive about....

In fact I wasn't even talking to you, I was responding to iamopie2's post....He can't claim it's something everybody does, or that those who say they don't are lying....honestly, a lot of people on here, who are new to brewing and have read stuff, do wait it out...they've read enough threads where many of us suggest that there's no point in wasting a beer after a few days in the bottle...

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 08-30-2009, 09:24 PM   #9
osagedr
Recovering from Sobriety

Recipes 

Liked 96 Times on 80 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Bull crap!!!!!

I never did...I knew from reading to wait....
Same for me...why would I drink something I know is gonna be crappy

Old 08-30-2009, 09:24 PM   #10
momodig
Recipes 

sorry lad misread yer post just seem a bit on aggresive mode... wasn't sure sorry.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply