Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Bottle Conditioning

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2006, 02:04 PM   #11
jaymack
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Interesting replies. As always, a helpful bunch of lads this place sure do offer

My biggest fear is the good ol' "exploding bottle" syndrome. I usually Prime for a week and Secondary for 2 solid weeks before bottling. Should I stay in my Primary longer, if I opt to condition bottle?

Cheers,
J

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2006, 02:11 PM   #12
El Pistolero

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 3

You should keep the beer in the primary until it's finished fermenting. That may be a week, or it may be longer depending on the beer. If you do that you won't have to worry about bottle bombs.

[/I] Up Next - Hobgoblin
After That - Czech Pilsner
Primary - Humboldt Hop Rod (4/24)
Primary - NOT Wheat AG SNCA (5/5)
Secondary -
Conditioning - SNCA Clone (3/3),

Old 01-26-2006, 02:19 PM   #13
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 134 Times on 127 Posts

Three weeks is normally enough for all but the biggest beers. As EP suggests, leave the ale in the fermenter until it's done, let it settle for two weeks and you won't have to worry about bombs.

The bigger the beer, the more it will benefit from a long time in the bottle. I have some stouts and barley wines that are several years old.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 01-26-2006, 06:27 PM   #14
SkewedBrewing
Hopscallion
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default Bottling

The only way i've ever really experienced homebrew was out of the bottle and into a pint glass, so i agree, all ales and lagerse are good for bottling.

SkewedAle

Primary: Gus Pale Ale
Secondary: Don't use one yet
Drinking: IPA

Quick Reply