Boilermaker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dismantle360

Reaction score
Ok so my Boilermaker isnt here yet kinda upset hopefully will get it in the next two weeks.

I have already waited 4 weeks for the pot.

anyways now im done bit..... err.... complaining.

I heard that i should find a piece of aluminum to disperse the heat from my outdoor cooker. What do you think? If so how thick? I cant afford copper btw that stuffs way expensive.

If you mean some type of flashing to keep the flame, you can find it at any hardware store.

I have never tried it myself, but I have heard that a flat aluminum pizza pan works well, and it should be pretty cheap.

If you are referring to the Blichmann Boilermaker, it comes with one. It is a rigid piece of stainless or aluminum I forget, but it will sit under your kettle and protect your gauge from too much heat.

Thanks flyguy,

I thought about going that way which I probably will now. I was mostly concerned about the Hot Spots that would be created and serious scorching that my LHBS said may happen with out something to even the heat out.

They recommended getting a 1/4 inch sheet of Aluminum or Copper.

With copper prices the way they are I started looking for the aluminum.

Thanks again.

If you are referring to the Blichmann Boilermaker, it comes with one. It is a rigid piece of stainless or aluminum I forget, but it will sit under your kettle and protect your gauge from too much heat.

Yep, every one comes with a rectangular piece of stainless. Does the job!

I never used to, but since i have the nice shields provided by Blichmann I figure, why not. I did notice that the temp gauge does indeed get pretty hot.

Latest posts

Back