Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Blueberry Wheat bear gone wrong

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #11
david_42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 135 Times on 128 Posts

Way too soon to bottle.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #12
carbon111
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerkrump View Post
Trying to put blueberries in a bear is really difficult and dangerous. First, make sure the bear is really sleepy, better if he's drunk. Next, choose your route of entry. One side is more dangerous, but less likely to piss off the bear. Lastly, insert berries.
I love this place!

Best Regards, James
--
My beer blog: http://brewdujour.blogspot.com
My website: http://www.carbon111.com

Fermenting: Carbon's Grizzly Bear, Young's Special London Ale (clone)

Bottled/Conditioning:Siberian Raven Winter Ale, Cherry Tree Porter, Victoria's Dirty Secret

Drinking: Montgomery Scottish Ale, Thames American Bitter, Crow's Beak Old Ale, Bastet Brown, Carbon's Cascade Ale, Red Silo Honey IPA

Old 09-01-2009, 05:55 PM   #13
Jewrican
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 10

as mentioned, but not highlighted at the end, you need to take your current gravity. you may have had a stuck fermentation, and i will tell you from experience, it will be far too sweet and not taste good LOL

Old 02-07-2011, 09:08 PM   #14
renba7
Recipes 

I'm absolutely NOT an expert on beer brewing yet. However, I just brewed a blueberry wheat yesterday that came in an ingredient kit put together by my local brew shop. Other than the standard ingredients, the recipe called for and came with 1 can of blueberry pie filling which was warmed and added to the fermenter (i.e. not actually brewed). The wort has been in the fermenter for less than 12 hours and is bubbling away through the airlock. The kit also comes with a bottle of that flavoring stuff. It says to only use half of that during racking. Maybe this is helpful. Maybe not.

( : Cheers

Old 02-07-2011, 09:17 PM   #15
rycov
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvax13 View Post
Also, it is my understanding that usually fruit flavours are added in a secondary - by adding it to the boil all the flavours will likely be much less prominent in the beer.
+1 also fruit (or any kind of simple sugar) usually are added after primary is complete because the yeast eat up the easily consumable sugars first and then become, well, lazy. so they more complex sugars don't get converted. should still be fine though. take your readings and if you think you need to, you can always add more yeast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
I would make a yeast starter, and pitch it into your mailbox.

Quick Reply