Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Bittering VS Aroma Hops

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 04:26 AM   #11
derbycitybrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

First off welcome to the forum. There are thousands of great people on here. Everyone has tons of knowledge and are willing to help anyone. I'm sure your ipa will come out great. And like stated about just go pick ya up a ounce or two of cascade leaf hops and just put them into secondary and dry hop for a week. Beer should be great with or without. Cascade isn't too bitter of a hop to begin with. Keep us updated on how it comes out. Cheers 17

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #12
charliemocho
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerman0001
what was the AA% of the hops?
Yeah the cascades the recipe called for as bittering hops (1oz) had an Alpha of 6.2% and the cascades it called for as flavoring/aroma (2oz) had an Alpha of 5%

Old 01-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #13
charliemocho
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbycitybrewer
First off welcome to the forum. There are thousands of great people on here. Everyone has tons of knowledge and are willing to help anyone. I'm sure your ipa will come out great. And like stated about just go pick ya up a ounce or two of cascade leaf hops and just put them into secondary and dry hop for a week. Beer should be great with or without. Cascade isn't too bitter of a hop to begin with. Keep us updated on how it comes out. Cheers 17
That sounds like a good idea. I think I'll do exactly that! Thanks!

Old 01-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #14
derbycitybrewer
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemocho

That sounds like a good idea. I think I'll do exactly that! Thanks!
Hey no problem. It's what the forum is for! Cheers

Quick Reply