Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > bitter pre-pitch wort...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2009, 12:37 AM   #1
jigidyjim
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default bitter pre-pitch wort...

Wow, just finished my brown sugar molasses porter and tasted what I used to measure the O.G... man it was bitter. Pretty surprising because almost every other wort I've tasted has been sweet and porters aren't supposed to be super bitter...

Hmmm... guess I'll see what my next sample tastes like in 2 weeks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2009, 02:40 AM   #2
mikefranciotti
Recipes 

brown sugar molasses porter sounds absolutely amazing! What recipe is this? Extract or all grain? I love dark beers and this sounds awesome.h

Primary: Dark IPA
Bottled: Barley Wine
Kegs: Air

Finally dusted off the equipment after a year hiatus!

Old 08-03-2009, 03:00 AM   #3
jigidyjim
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Well I can't tell you if it's awesome or not yet, but it's an extract recipe from The Homebrewer's Recipe Guide (Amazon.com: The Homebrewers' Recipe Guide: More than 175 original beer recipes including magnificent pale ales, ambers, stouts, lagers, and seasonal brews, plus tips from the master brewers (9780684829210): Patrick Higgins, Maura Kate Kilgore, Paul H), but I tweaked it to be all organic, which meant changing the types of hops and extract used...

Old 08-03-2009, 03:24 AM   #4
mikefranciotti
Recipes 

Ahh I've been meaning to pick that up since my last trip to Barnes & Noble had a line @ the register that I didn't feel like waiting on.

Primary: Dark IPA
Bottled: Barley Wine
Kegs: Air

Finally dusted off the equipment after a year hiatus!

Quick Reply