Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Best way to clean inside of Better Bottle?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2008, 09:15 AM   #1
AZ_Brew_Dude
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Best way to clean inside of Better Bottle?

I've used a Better Bottle for my last few batches, and haven't had too much trouble cleaning it out since I have a spray wand but this last batch must've left some extra stubborn kraussen. Does anyone have any good tips for removing this? I soaked it overnight in water, but that didn't help.

Are there any products you use for soaking to loosen it up? I'm hesitant to use anything to scrape the crud away since I don't want to scrape the carboy itself. Thanks for the help!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2008, 10:59 AM   #2
7Enigma
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

People on here swear by oxyclean, I've never used it yet, but plan to for removing labels on bottles. A bleach soak should work as well but I don't know what material the better bottle container is? Check with others first before using any harsh chemicals, but oxyclean should be safe.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:17 PM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2724 Times on 1632 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

I use oxyclean and hot water for everything...I use a couple huge scoops/5 gallons, and never have had any gunk stick anywhere... I usually let it soak overnight...

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 04-14-2008, 12:21 PM   #4
EdWort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 257 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Hot tap water and PBW works great. Let it soak for a few days.

Old 04-14-2008, 03:51 PM   #5
ColoradoXJ13

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 6 Posts

TO save time, I usually just put a wet washcloth in a better bottle and shake like hell for a while.

Quick Reply