Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Belgian Wit/Citrus beer with NW Hops

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #1
heffe
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Belgian Wit/Citrus beer with NW Hops

Hello everyone,

I have been brewing for a year or so in Portland and made around 6 batches, all have been good and somewhat experimental. I really enjoyed Henry's belgian Wheat beer that had a nice citrus flavor.

When I look up recipes online they all use, of course, european hops. Are there any belgian wheat recipes or citrus beers that use hops grown in the Pac. NW such as Cascade, Centential, Mt. Hood, etc. As I just planted hops this year I'm trying to hone some recipes that will use the hops I planted.

Thanks everyone!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 06:04 PM   #2
VanHeroy
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

If you contact Falling sky brewery shop they might be willing to send you a copy of the orange wheat ale recipe they have on file or they have another wit, the title I cant remember. The shop is in Eugene and the recipe uses Cascade I think, but definitely stuff you get in the NW.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:07 PM   #3
BigB
Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Gumball Head by Three Floyds Brewing company. Absolutely fantastic American Wheat that has the citrusy punch of Amarillo hops. There are a few clones out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBrew
It's now degenerating into nu uh and uh huhs and it no longer serves a point.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply