My three thoughts:
1. Leave it in the primary until it's done fermenting. Doesn't matter if it's one week or six weeks.
2. Big beers need time to condition. You are probably looking at 8 - 10 weeks. You can decide if you want to do that in the bottle or in a secondary.
3. If you are over 8%, expect another 6 - 8 weeks for carbonation.
My process for cloning a beer
1. Put on lab coat.
2. Drink beer and take notes.
3. Repeat Step 2 until I have a recipe or pass out.
On deck: Barleywine, Dampfbier, Belgain Golden Ale, Hazelnut Sweet Stout, IRA, Rye-weizen, Wit, Uinta Hazel Clone, Uinta Yard Sale Clone.