Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Beginning Brewers Opinions Needed!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #11
lumpy5oh
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I am about to start brewing also once Santa arrives.
I think trying to get into the beginner segment will be tough. Most of the sites I've looked at offer some cheap starter pots. I think brewers that are buying the starter kits from these sites would be inclined to buy the pots as well.
The beginners here on HBT; I don't think are regular beginners. We have done more research than other beginners and better know the value of having pots like yours instead of basic pots.
I think there may be a need for 5 to 8 gal pots in the market for people who prefer small batch brewing.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #12
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2291 Times on 1994 Posts
Likes Given: 1713

The very reason for my reply. Some do small batches in 5 gallon BK's. I do partial boils in mine,whether partial mash biab or partial boil extracts. I've gotten a lot of mileage out of that SS stock pot. But the extra gadgets would've been nice.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:22 AM   #13
SpikeBrewing
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

Liked 71 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Thanks for the reply's! A lot of your concerns are ours as well. As for the weldless... We believe the weldless design is inferior to the welded and we will never offer it.

Thanks!

-SB

Old 12-21-2012, 02:05 PM   #14
the_trout
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 92 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 54

I understand your thinking on the weldless design but you might want to reconsider particularly if your targeting new brewers. Often times when people are trying a new hobby the barrier to entry is the dollar commitment. While the weldless option may be a lesser quality its still a functional design and could be the product that bring customers into the door.

I run a printing company and we do alot of custom orders for people who frankly have no clue. One of the tactics we use that I'm a big proponent of is giving the client 3 options at 3 price points. A good, a better, and a best. People like it and while the sweet spot is almost always the "better" option the business man in me would never want to have a client leave because we couldn't offer them something they cant afford and likewise I wouldn't want to cut into my earning potential by not offering a high end product to the "money is no concern" client.

Just my take on it. Best of luck to you no matter how you decide to proceed.

Unearthly IIPA
Bottles
RIS
American Black Ale
CT-A3 - Centennial Amber
Upcoming
Imperial Amber
English Bitter

the_trout on untappd

Quick Reply