Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Beginner equipment question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2006, 06:15 PM   #11
debtman7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phan71
I guess you could (I'm new to this, so what do I know?), I just thought that having the spigot on there would make it impractical.

Can you use the spigot to transfer to the secondary, or would that kick up some of the sediment? Or cause aeration problems?
I use the spigot to transfer to secondary. It's usually 1-2" above the bottom of the bucket, so you leave all the trub behind. Much easier (to me) than trying to keep the siphon tube from dipping into the trub. I don't think it's going to aerate anything any more than a siphon would. I just put it on the counter, attach the siphon tubing to the spigot, put the second bucket on the floor and drain the beer into secondary through the tubing.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2006, 08:11 PM   #12
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1057 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 28

It's just fine as long as you don't find yourself wanting to bottle a batch during the 7-10 days you're trying to primary in your bucket.

Chugger Pumps, Pump Kits, Camlocks, Sightglasses, Clear USA made Silicone Tubing, RIMS, Electric Install Parts, etc. Did you know we are also now a full service homebrew shop selling malt, hops, yeast (Wyeast), etc?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply