Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Beer Not Clear--Can I Bottle It?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2009, 04:56 PM   #11
weirdboy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 432 Times on 353 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by osagedr View Post
After I cold crash it; do I have to wait for the beer to reach room temperature before bottling? I can't think of any reason to but thought I'd better ask.
No, in fact it's probably better to rack it cold if possible. Some of the stuff that dops out at low temps will re-enter solution when it warms up, so have things ready to rack into the bottling bucket as soon as you pull it out.

I've never had a problem carbonating after a cold crash, especially if you're only crashing for a few days. If you were lagering for a month or two, that's another story and you'd probably want to add some yeast at bottling time.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply