Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > "The Beer Machine" adaption...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2008, 07:22 AM   #1
s2cuts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default "The Beer Machine" adaption...

Let me start off by saying that I've never made beer before, and that I know very little about the process aside from the basic theory that I've been able to glean over the past few hours of online research.

I was given a couple used "the beer machines". You know, the ones on TV. From what I've been reading, it looks like "the beer machine" can be adapted to using simple malt extract and sugar. If I substitute their pre-packaged "beer mix" packet with malt extract and sugar you buy from your grocer's beer kit aisle, will it produce the same result? What would the ratios be?

Thanks for any help.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2008, 03:08 PM   #2
Loup
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

It looks like the beer machine makes something like 2.5 gallons of beer, you could look for any 5 gallon extract recipe and cut the ingredients in half.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:14 PM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

The beer machine is pretty much another version of a Mr Beer...

We have a lot of great info on this thread that will work for yours http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=46360

I know it's long, but skim through it, we offer a lot of advice, and there's a lot of recipes, including how to brew all grain in there.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 08-18-2008, 06:17 PM   #4
s2cuts
Recipes 

Thanks for the pointers. I'll check out that thread.

Quick Reply