New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Batch 2 is in bottles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 01:31 AM   #1
stitchlips
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Batch 2 is in bottles

My first batch was a huge success it's been in bottles for two weeks and they taste great. A little sweet.

I bottled my second batch today. I had to taste it. It tastes just like Sierra Nevada. It is a little too bitter for my liking.

My third batch is going to be a cerveza, I think. Thanks to everyone for the help!

I wanted to post a picture of the bottom of the bucket from the second batch, man it was about 1 inch thick. What do you guys do with this stuff?

My pic isnt showing for me......
YUMMY!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2009, 01:45 AM   #2
Dave258
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Your pick isn't showing because of the number of posts you have. I think you need at least 20.
Some brewers "wash" the yeast and reuse it. I am not experiecrd enough right now so I wash it down the drain when cleaning my fermentor.
If you want to try it I think there is a sticky post in the yeast forumn about doing it.
Congrats on the second batch!

Dave

Blitzkrieg Brewery

Old 10-25-2009, 01:46 AM   #3
eljefe
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I throw it in the compost pile. I believe others harvest it and culture the yeast for the next batch. Glad to hear your first couple batches are working out.

Primary 1: Wee Heavy
Primary 2:
Secondary 1:
Secondary 2:
Keg 1: Northern Brew #1
Keg 2: 11.11.11
Next Up: Bourbonator

Quick Reply