Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Is it bad that my beer has been in the primary for 3 months?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #1
rdkirk86
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Is it bad that my beer has been in the primary for 3 months?

So i have been really busy with the holidays, my new job, and football so i haven't been paying as much attention to my brews as i would like to. i have a rye-pa and a raspberry wheat that have been sitting in the primary for about 2 to 3 months. is that bad? is this what results in beer giving god awful gas and the emergency trips to the bathroom at 1 am? just curious. any input would be greatly appreciated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 05:20 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2776 Times on 1660 Posts
Likes Given: 3489

It may be the best beer you've ever made. I've had beers in primary for 6 months or more that was beautiful. Folks have left their beers in primary for a year and it still turned out ok. You just got to taste it an see, and bottle it if it's alright.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 01-11-2013, 05:22 PM   #3
captwalt
Recipes 

Liked 46 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 26

I sincerely doubt it. I once left a brew on primary for 9 weeks and it was fine, actually it was the clearest beer i have ever made. i was worried about the yeast being able to bottle carb it but it was fine.

Quick Reply