Back after a 13 year hiatus

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duck911

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a brewer in Northern Colorado who is back in the home brew arena after about 13 years off. I grew up in Chico, CA and learned to brew with some friends and other local (commercial) brewers in the area.

A buddy of mine who's never brewed was very interested in learning, so we've split the cost of some new gear and what little I remember from my brew days I've teaching him.

The rest we're learning on the fly!

Yesterday we bottled out first batch (an APA) and brewed another, lighter APA.

It's extract packs, plastic buckets and bottle conditioning for now. As we get better and if we want to get more serious we may move towards all-grain but right now it's about being with friends, listening to the Rockies games, and brewing a little beer.

Anyhow, been lurking here for a few weeks and it looks like a helpful crowd. I am sure I'll have some questions for you all!

thanks,

--Duck911

Welcome Back! You're in one of the brewing Meccas of the US. You'll find all kinds of help here, and probably just around the corner.

Back