Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Apricot flavoring? not extract?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2009, 08:50 PM   #1
billy_awesome
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Apricot flavoring? not extract?

Yes, it's me posting once again about apricot beer.

I was able to find some concentrated apricot flavoring. I guess it's not true apricot extract it's just a small bottle of super concentrated fake apricot.

The question is. Can I still use this? Or is there a chemical reaction with the yeast that the extract does? I imagine the apricot flavoring is mostly sugar and I feel it will just be eaten by the yeast and there will be no flavor left as apposed to the extract not being totally eaten by the yeast....

your opinions?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2009, 09:38 PM   #2
xxdcmast
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I have a chocolate cherry porter kit that I picked up and it has a little vial of cherry flavored liquid in it so Im assuming it would be alright to use.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply