Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > anyone want to suggest a recipe (limited malts)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2009, 05:14 AM   #1
thebamaking
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default anyone want to suggest a recipe (limited malts)

so i am limited to only 2 3.3 lb cans of muntons light lme as my grain source right now, and i was wondering if anyone had a good recipe i can use...i have an array of hops to work with (chinook, hallertau, nugget, cascade, centennial, saaz, ahtanum). how can i make this beer a little more alcoholic?? i know i can add sugar but how much and how much more hops do i need to add to offset it if any? i know this is a loaded question, but i appreciate any responses...i have muntons gold yeast btw.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2009, 05:16 AM   #2
AZ_IPA
PKU
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 6267 Times on 5439 Posts
Likes Given: 810

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebamaking View Post
so i am limited to only 2 3.3 lb cans of muntons light lme as my grain source right now, and i was wondering if anyone had a good recipe i can use...i have an array of hops to work with (chinook, hallertau, nugget, cascade, centennial, saaz, ahtanum). how can i make this beer a little more alcoholic?? i know i can add sugar but how much and how much more hops do i need to add to offset it if any? i know this is a loaded question, but i appreciate any responses...i have muntons gold yeast btw.
I'd throw in an ounce of nugget at 60 minutes; and ounce of Centennial at 15 minutes (along with 1 lb of corn sugar) and an ounce of cascade at 5 minutes and call it an IPA.

Oh, and dry hop with some cascade and/or centennial.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:24 AM   #3
daveooph131
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 27 Posts

I think I agree...I was immediatly thinking pale ale or IPA. The sugar will be fine, just realize it will dry it out a little (drop final gravity).

Also, do not use over 20 percent of your fermentables as sugar or you could get a cider taste to it. I would reccommend .5 pounds of sugar, that won't dry it out too much, but should provide you with that extra alcohol kick you're looking for.

Quick Reply