New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Anyone know a good place to get supplies in Calgary?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2010, 05:25 PM   #1
clayroc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Anyone know a good place to get supplies in Calgary?

So far I have not had a lot of luck tracking down a store to get supplies. Some wine making stores have a little, but the selection is quite limited. Anyone hail from here or have any suggestions. I would rather not order online, as I like to see the people I do business with if possible. Kinda old fashioned that way I guess.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2010, 05:28 PM   #2
paraordnance
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayroc View Post
So far I have not had a lot of luck tracking down a store to get supplies. Some wine making stores have a little, but the selection is quite limited. Anyone hail from here or have any suggestions. I would rather not order online, as I like to see the people I do business with if possible. Kinda old fashioned that way I guess.
I heard (from local members) Vineyard south store has great selection of hops, yeast and base grains. I'm yet to visit Calgary for brewing needs. Mostly order online, but if will be in Calgary will definatelly check it out

Old 11-18-2010, 07:42 PM   #3
clayroc
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Great I will check it out, looks promising from the website.

So how many local members are there?

Old 11-18-2010, 07:54 PM   #4
scottyyyc
Recipes 

Calgary member here. I mostly shop at 'The Home Vintner'. They have reasonable prices and a decent supply. Good locations, too (several in Calgary, and many in the surrounding areas). They also do lots of events, how-to sessions, etc.

Quick Reply