Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Anybody use bottled water instead of boiling the additional 2 gallons when brewing?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #21
kevinb
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 73

I always use spring water. I figure with all the work and cost that goes in an extract kit, the extra $3 for the non-boiled water is a small price to pay. Just my $.02.

Kevin - One Arm Brewery

"People who drink light ‘beer’ don’t like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #22
JJL
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukinfuts View Post
Just for the record, I have always used the gallon jugs of spring water to top off. However, the last batch I used the gallon jugs of distilled water. Have to wait and see.
Won't make much difference.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:04 PM   #23
NGoree24
Recipes 

Some local breweries may have a water supply that they will allow you to purchase water from. I've been told that the Grain Belt brewery here in Minneapolis sells 5 gal jugs for pretty cheap. Something like $3.50 per jug. But to save the hassell you can just grab 5 gal of spring water from the local grocery store. Boil 2.5 gal for your wort and add the other 2.5 gal once you put the wort in the primary. No need to boil the other 2.5.

Quick Reply