The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Any suggestions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2009, 04:54 PM   #1
Funkmasterchilly
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Any suggestions

I'm going up to Canada for 6 months in May for the summer. I have a good job and the money's to good to turn down. But anyways I think its kinda a waste to leave my carboys empty the whole time I'm gone I was kinda thinking I can get a brew going about 2 weeks before I leave than the day before I leave I can rack it to the secondary that way the whole time I'm gone the brew could be aging. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of a good style of beer that I can do this with or maybe even a wine or mead my g/f had also suggested a barley wine. it will be during the summer and I can easily for see temps in my apt getting up to 80f maybe even 90f and there will no one around to monitor the temps so maybe its a bad idea. basically all I want to do is come home bottle and drink. I don't want to wait any longer after I come back. if anyone had any suggestions on what I should make and or how I should go about doing it it would be much appritiated a recipe would also be good

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2009, 05:00 PM   #2
Funkmasterchilly
Recipes 

P.S. temps may not be that big of a problem B/C I can easily put it in the basement

Old 04-13-2009, 05:01 PM   #3
android
Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 3

a barley wine, as you mentioned might be a good one. i think stouts get better with age. possibly a belgian strong ale, those take time to mature as well.

ebay temp controller | thermostat temp controller

Old 04-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #4
Funkmasterchilly
Recipes 

P.P.S. sorry I'm not trying to bump this thread but it also just occured to me any recipes haft to be an extract or partial extract b/c I don't have the ability to AG at this time.

Quick Reply