Any recommendations on how to fix "Acetaldehyde" taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msa8967

mickaweapon
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I tried making an ale clone of Sierra Nevada's Summer Fest lager. 3+ weeks in the primary and then into the keg for 19 days to carb using corn sugar. Now it has been cold for 3 days and I am getting that some green apple aftertaste which may imply that I stopped the fermentation too soon. I didn't notice any signs of infection so I am wondering if there is anything I can do to save this kegged beer. {Should i just give it more time? Should I pull it out of the keezer during this time?}

RDWHAHB ;) I'm sure you were expecting that...

How noticeable is the green apple taste? I had a beer that took about a month (at least) in bottle before the green apple left...that was after 3 weeks fermenting.

The beer is "drinkable" right now but not something I am proud enough with to try to share with friends. Sounds like RDWHAHB is the way to go but should I pull it out of the keezer or leave it in while I relax? The other several taps in my keezer are near empty so I may be too anxious to rush this beer.

If you're going to be tempted to drink or share it, pull it out... You'll keep being secretly bummed that it has that flavor until the flavor disappears. It should only take a couple weeks to fade...

Latest posts

Back