Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Any recommendations on how to fix "Acetaldehyde" taste

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2011, 01:51 AM   #1
msa8967
mickaweapon
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Default Any recommendations on how to fix "Acetaldehyde" taste

I tried making an ale clone of Sierra Nevada's Summer Fest lager. 3+ weeks in the primary and then into the keg for 19 days to carb using corn sugar. Now it has been cold for 3 days and I am getting that some green apple aftertaste which may imply that I stopped the fermentation too soon. I didn't notice any signs of infection so I am wondering if there is anything I can do to save this kegged beer. {Should i just give it more time? Should I pull it out of the keezer during this time?}

Mick Arnett
North Liberty, Iowa
"Beer will change the world. I don't know how, but it will."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2011, 01:53 AM   #2
Jakemo
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

RDWHAHB I'm sure you were expecting that...

How noticeable is the green apple taste? I had a beer that took about a month (at least) in bottle before the green apple left...that was after 3 weeks fermenting.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:04 AM   #3
msa8967
mickaweapon
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 76

The beer is "drinkable" right now but not something I am proud enough with to try to share with friends. Sounds like RDWHAHB is the way to go but should I pull it out of the keezer or leave it in while I relax? The other several taps in my keezer are near empty so I may be too anxious to rush this beer.

Mick Arnett
North Liberty, Iowa
"Beer will change the world. I don't know how, but it will."

Old 09-01-2011, 02:10 AM   #4
Jakemo
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

If you're going to be tempted to drink or share it, pull it out... You'll keep being secretly bummed that it has that flavor until the flavor disappears. It should only take a couple weeks to fade...

Quick Reply