Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Any good barley wine recipes??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2009, 04:27 AM   #1
Brew_man
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Any good barley wine recipes??

I would like to make a barley wine soon. I am new to making beer, and started with a complete kit of everything I need. If this batch turns out right I may take the next step and not use a pre-brewed can. Also, would you recommend using glass carboys instead of the plastic buckets my kit included, or will these work for now? I don't want to waste my time if I can get much better results with something else.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2009, 04:36 AM   #2
android
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 3

plastic buckets are just fine... i would recommend searching through the database in 'strong ale' for barleywine recipes. there are only a few, but they look good enough. also check out brewing classic styles the book for good recipes.

ebay temp controller | thermostat temp controller

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply