Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Another issue with forgotten aroma hops

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
blcampb
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Another issue with forgotten aroma hops

While making my latest (3rd ever) batch, I accidentally tossed my aroma hops in with my flavoring. I'm not too worried about the IBUs, but I'm thinking about dry hopping with hop pellets in my primary.

I've read all the posts on here about this issue, and I think I can get away with this best by using a paint straining bag over my siphon when racking to the bottling bucket. Will this paint straining bag keep out any/all of my yeast and thus prevent carbonation in the bottles?

Sorry if this is a dumb question?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #2
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2262 Times on 1970 Posts
Likes Given: 1698

No,it won't keep out the yeast. But it will help filter out hop particles & such.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
blcampb
Recipes 

Thanks. Figured that was the case, but didn't want to totally screw it up

Old 01-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #4
CGVT
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 380 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 274

Quote:
Originally Posted by blcampb View Post
While making my latest (3rd ever) batch, I accidentally tossed my aroma hops in with my flavoring. I'm not too worried about the IBUs, but I'm thinking about dry hopping with hop pellets in my primary.

I've read all the posts on here about this issue, and I think I can get away with this best by using a paint straining bag over my siphon when racking to the bottling bucket. Will this paint straining bag keep out any/all of my yeast and thus prevent carbonation in the bottles?

Sorry if this is a dumb question?
The pellets will disolve and drop out. As long as you don't dip your racking cane into the trub you won't get any of the hop sludge into your bottling bucket.

"Filled with mingled cream and amber I will drain that glass again. Such hilarious visions clamber through the chambers of my brain--Quaintest thoughts--queerest fancies come to life and fade away; Who cares how time advances? I am drinking ale today"-Edgar Alan Poe

My Keezer build: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/keez...y-turn-340755/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTanium View Post
Do what you like, brew what you like. Don't be a tool.

Quick Reply