Another Bottle question?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sefrayser

Reaction score
I have some brew(Brown Ale) that has sen sitting in the bottles for 15 days. Im wondering how long do they need to sit and at what temp? I have read 2-3 weeks at room temp. After that how long do they sit in the fridge?

3 weeks at room temp (70f) for bottle condition....then 48 hrs in the fridge is the norm....however many times I needed a cool 1 or 4...so I would stick it a snow bank...or the freezer for a few, cant say as I have noticed any difference,between that and 48 hrs in fridge.....Tom

I only put mine in the fridge when I'm ready to drink em. If 8 months goes by and I haven't finished em all, they remain in the cabinet, patiently waiting to be chosen.

If two weeks have gone by since you bottled it, try it. Just stick it in the fridge till it's cold enough for your liking and give it a taste. If it's good and carbed then roll on.

The thing is, when you refrigerate it, any yeast may get suspended due to cold. And you may lose out on some carbonation. That's why I just leave mine till I'm ready.

It's not yeast in suspension that fogs it up as it chills,it's dissolved protiens in the beer that create chill haze. Beers should be in the fridge at least a week to drop chill haze & get good carbonation. It's not a quick process.

I can never wait more than two weeks to try a new batch. That has always been good enough for complete carbonation, but a couple of my brews have benefited from some aging.

I haven't had too many beers fully carb & condition in 2 weeks,let alone including fridge time. Try a little more patience & compare the quality.

A few weeks ago, I made a Midnight Beatdown Wheaten Porter...partial mash from Northern. After bottling it...it was in the fermenter almost two weeks...I waited another week or so before putting one in the refrigerator, chilling it and drinking it. It was about 90% carbonated, and was fantastic. The one I had ten days later was even better! No harm in enjoying your beer early...but patience is truly a virtue in brewing. Unfortunately, my patience bone seems to be broken.

glenn514:mug:

Back