Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > American Light Lager Question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2009, 07:22 PM   #1
HossTheGreat
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default American Light Lager Question

First let me start by saying that I know many of you will question the point of brewing a light american style lager. I know that this is one of the most difficult styles to brew, that I can brew a blonde or cream ale much more easily and probably get better results, and I also know that I can just as easily go and buy a case of Light Beer for $15.

I'm not trying to clone any particular beer. I'm just interested in brewing my own american style light beer. I've had some good success with AHS kits in the past and think they make excellent kits. I ran across their "AHS American Light Lager" extract kit and am curious if anyone else here has tried it and what their thoughts are of the kit. I do have a fridge with a temp controller, so fermentation temps shouldn't be a problem.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2009, 02:37 PM   #2
theguy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheGreat View Post
I can brew a blonde or cream ale much more easily and probably get better results, and I also know that I can just as easily go and buy a case of Light Beer for $15.
I tried a batch of Light Lager that a friend brewed some time ago. I remember that is tasted ok and was similar to the commercial stuff. My thought is basically the same as your quote above. Personally I would rather brew something different.

Last edited by theguy; 06-10-2009 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Added sentence.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply