The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Am I starting out too fast?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2012, 12:00 AM   #21
WoodJRx
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

I just started a little while ago to, and I think you're doing fine. In fact, I wish I was brewing as quick as you!

The only thing I can recommend is getting BeerSmith. You can search around for stuff about it, but it's a great program. It's really helped me figure out what ingredients do to the beer, how the numbers correlate, etc. Additionally, it's a great way to log all of the exact details for your brew, and add notes - so you have always have a recipe on that awesome (or horrible) beer, and all the revisions of it that made it what you wanted it to be. (Without looking for that loose paper, that you jotted the notes on, somewhere on that desk...) Then, when you progress on (hopefully I do, some day), you can use it to start building your own recipes.

Primary -
Secondary -
Bottles: Apfelwein,
Bottle Aging: Pineapple Wine, Welches Wine, Peach wine
Kegged - Brown Ale, MidWest AK47

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2012, 03:30 AM   #22
ArrogantDusty
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaysurfer View Post
+1 on taking good notes. I mean supreme notes. Go crazy. Write down everything. The tides, the moon phase, what you had for breakfast...etc.
I'll make sure to write down how many times I wake up in the night and check to make sure my "babies" are doing alright, along with the moon phase. No need to write down breakfast. I always just eat a plate of bacon with Chocolate milk .

Old 09-26-2012, 03:31 AM   #23
ArrogantDusty
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Thank you everyone. I have truly found a great community guide me in the right direction. Within another week, I should have three 5 gallon batches, a 3 gallon batch and a one gallon batch going. I won't promise I will stop there though!

Old 09-26-2012, 03:35 AM   #24
AndrewD
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 46 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 14

I'm pretty sure that homebrewers have a genetic predisposition to systemic circulatory Saccharomyces infection. You may be infected! Either get to a doctor or let it take hold. The only thing it will harm is your pocketbook. Literally. I think the only real limitation I have on my brewing addiction is finances.

Old 09-26-2012, 03:37 AM   #25
JDFlow
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Definitely not too fast. Once your first batch is gone you'll be like... I'm not fast enough!

Quick Reply