Am i just lucky?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Reading through tons of posts and threads... Keep seeing Austin Homebrew Supply mentioned. My office is down the street so I can pop in during lunch most days when I need something or am ready for my new brew. Is this normal for most home brewers or am I lucky to have such easy access?

Haha, from my perspective, you're quite lucky! I order from AHS. As far as my local supplies......... I have a wine/beer store that also happens to stock some homebrewing supplies, and that's all. So yeah, you're much better off than those of us in Baton Rouge, at least. :D

yes, you are a lucky SOB

closest HBS to me is 2 hours away in Dallas.

-=Jason=-

My shop isn't close but me and the owner were in the same local brew club back in the early 90's before he started the business. I always try to take my daughter because they cater more to her. She makes out with candy, bottle openers and gets to play on their computer to watch Simon the cat on YouTube. Their prices are actually very competitive with what I can order off the web and that's with being the only shop in town.

It was my best kept secrete until now.

I feel the same way :) Though from my office during my lunchbreak its crazy to get from 35 eand ben white to AHBS. LOVE the store.

Yeah, I work in the office parks off Braker and Metric, so I'm literally on the same street as AHS. It's nice.

yeah you are lucky. closest one to me is 35 miles and they are only open 3 days a week and only carry few things in stock. So yes I hate you:D

Yes, you are lucky. In my situation, I have to decide weather to go into Midwest supplies or go a few extra miles to Northern Brewer. Decisions, decisions decisions........

I'm in the same boat with my LHBS, and yes I consider us lucky. Although you get to go the the infamous AHS, my local store has pretty much everything I could imagine wanting and he stays competitive on the prices. I think we probably take for granted the convenience we have of being able to dream up a recipe and brew it same day if we want. Although for me, this has also been a curse of a bad brew or two. ;) Not to mention the amount of $$ I spend on everything that is constantly at my fingertips all the time. If I had to order everything, I might make more thought out economical buying decisions..

I make several trips a month to AHS during lunch and feel that its a huge bonus having a store like that so close. GO AHS!:rockin:

Reading through tons of posts and threads... Keep seeing Austin Homebrew Supply mentioned. My office is down the street so I can pop in during lunch most days when I need something or am ready for my new brew. Is this normal for most home brewers or am I lucky to have such easy access?

I hate you. :cross:

I see no benefit to having a LHBS...I rarely visit mine. Nearly all my ingredients are ordered online because the prices are FAR better. I keep enough spare ingredients on hand to be able to brew at a moments notice, so the LHBS is not really needed for me.

If AHS was down the street I would probably shop there though.

We're lucky as hell. Not only does AHS offer great prices, but their staff is knowledgeable and their location is clean and convenient. They've critiqued my recipes for me and offered feedback and advice without me even asking.

And I've been to shops in Dallas and Houston and they can't touch AHS.

It's hard not to stop by 3-4 times a week as it is on the way home from work :)

Back