Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Always a beginner

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
louie0202
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Default Always a beginner

So today I prepped for Beer Day...every beer day is exciting.

Had to replace the laundry faucet today, prepped my counter flow chiller, and decided to use one of my new Blichmann pots.

Off the bat while grinding I lost about 1/3 of my grains from not paying attention and the grinder tipped over.

I melted the plastic handle off the blichmann because I didn't use the heat shield.

The chilling went fine, then I took a gravity reading with my hydrometer....I was about 10 - 12 points off.....1.044 instead of 1.057....luckily I had some DME laying around. Finally got the gravity right, hopefully this beer isn't awesome....as I will never be able to replicate it.

Primary #1: French Saison (AG), Orval Clone (AG), The Number Eight (AG), Argentine Malbec, Belgian Blonde (AG)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
BrewerinBR
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 121 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Sorry but it will be.... last brew day I had like that was a Centennial IPA that was the absolute best IPA I ever had. Would like to repeat the beer but not brew day... dumped the mash all over me (saved most) --- boiled over the brew pot, and tipped over a gallon of sanitizer.... by the end of the day the brew room was a total wreck, but I got 5.25 if IPA that turned out great.

I seek not a hobby to fill my time; I seek a passion to fill my life!

Basement Brew Room Build:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/base...-house-247971/

"Shame on the man of cultivated taste who permits refinement to develop into fastidiousness that unfits him for doing the rough work of a workaday world." -Theodore Roosevelt

Old 02-12-2012, 09:11 PM   #3
louie0202
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 64

I always joke with my friends.....if its not one thing...its another on brew day.....luckily i always have spare parts or am able to adapt to rescue the brew.

Primary #1: French Saison (AG), Orval Clone (AG), The Number Eight (AG), Argentine Malbec, Belgian Blonde (AG)

Quick Reply