*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > All Grain For First Batch?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #11
bobbrews
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 282 Times on 243 Posts
Likes Given: 18

You seem like enough of a go-getter to pull it off, and pull it off well. Just continue to do your research as you have been doing. I personally brewed via partial mash for my first batch several yeast ago with an original recipe. And I was shocked at the quality of IPA that I ended up with.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 05:46 PM   #12
normnmiles
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 57

I did all grain from the startups I'm in the just do it camp. Some tips. Be patient. It takes a couple of brews to figure out your process and get comfortable with your equipment. Take excellent notes. You will need them to figure out your temperatures and volumes. Don't sweat the small stuff. It's easy to make beer the hard part is consistently making great beer. Also don't forget to focus on your fermentation setup. Good luck!

Old 01-22-2013, 08:56 PM   #13
Tupperwolf
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 38

I am going to be brewing my first batch as an all-grain recipe within the next 10 days. I think it's ambitious but I don't think it's scary. People have been brewing beer for thousands of years. Let's form a support group for ambitious newbie all-grain brewers

Old 01-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #14
andy6026
Recipes 

Liked 101 Times on 76 Posts
Likes Given: 57

So all-grain it is then!

Cheers everybody!

Old 01-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #15
BudzAndSudz
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 85

I've never in my life brewed an extract or a BIAB batch. My first batch was all-grain, and although it was daunting, it came out fine. If you do your research and really know what you're going to do prior to firing up the strike water, you'll be more than fine!

Best of luck!

Quick Reply