Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > To all Beginners

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2006, 06:02 AM   #1
Crash501
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default To all Beginners

I see alot of beginners on the boards, I havent been on them in a few months because summertime in Florida = busy at the job lol. Let me save you all a few weeks of your life and stress one word

sanitize!

No matter if you go with the basic kit, the delux-supreme kit, glass or plastic, its all dependant on clean equipment. Sanatize everying, not just your fermenters and spoons, anything a ingredient will touch, do it. I personally even use the purell hand sanitizer that kills 99% of germs before diving in. Just some advice to you all, and happy brewing.

Cheers

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2006, 05:54 PM   #2
Noldar
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm going to say a Sentence that's even better...

"Use the Search function for this message board."

You'll find *everything* because we've all been there and asked that.

Old 10-12-2006, 06:22 PM   #3
Crash501
Recipes 

lol I agree, the search function helped me out alot. As you can see I only have 10ish posts, that dosent mean I didnt have questions when I first started

Old 10-13-2006, 03:30 AM   #4
disaffected
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

On the other hand, a vibrant online community could not exist without new members coming in and asking questions and even the same questions over and over. You always get slightly different answers and occasionally all new perspectives as each individual adds his particular spin to both the questions and the answers.

I like to think of the search function as a secondary tool to augment knowledge, delve deeper into a subject, observe the changing trends in styles, practices, and opinions over time. I'd hate for people to only use the search function, or even to prefer it to asking a question that is directly pertinent to them. That direct participation and social element constitutes much of the value of a forum environment. Anyway, the search on this forum is crude, a blunt force tool lacking boolean subtlety. It's hard to use, and either ignores keywords or returns too many hits.

Without the constantly changing dynamic element introduced by both new and old members asking questions, and even repeat questions, the forum would lose its pulse, its vibrancy, its life, and its appeal. Knowledge would grow stale, camaraderie would evaporate, and we could replace the whole thing with an FAQ.

That wouldn't be any fun at all. Besides, some of us are just naturally loquacious.

Old 10-13-2006, 03:32 AM   #5
God Emporer BillyBrew

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer4breakfast
On the other hand, a vibrant online community could not exist without new members coming in and asking questions and even the same questions over and over. You always get slightly different answers and occasionally all new perspectives as each individual adds his particular spin to both the questions and the answers.

I like to think of the search function as a secondary tool to augment knowledge, delve deeper into a subject, observe the changing trends in styles, practices, and opinions over time. I'd hate for people to only use the search function, or even to prefer it to asking a question that is directly pertinent to them. That direct participation and social element constitutes much of the value of a forum environment. Anyway, the search on this forum is crude, a blunt force tool lacking boolean subtlety. It's hard to use, and either ignores keywords or returns too many hits.

Without the constantly changing dynamic element introduced by both new and old members asking questions, and even repeat questions, the forum would lose its pulse, its vibrancy, its life, and its appeal. Knowledge would grow stale, camaraderie would evaporate, and we could replace the whole thing with an FAQ.

That wouldn't be any fun at all. Besides, some of us are just naturally loquacious.
r u sum kinda koledge grajate?

---------------------------------------------------
Desert Planet Brewing Co.

Primary :Bloody Nose Porter
Primary 2: Bloody Nose Porter
Secondary: Blackberry Melomel
Secondary 2:air
Bottled : 14 Pound Hammer Cider, Punkin Ale, know ale, Domino wheat
Keg 1: **** Inside Her
Keg 2: IPA
Keg 3: one on a weeknight, two on a weekend IIPA
Future : Ginger Cream Ale,

Old 10-13-2006, 03:54 AM   #6
disaffected
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Just an avid reader with a solid sixth grade education.

Old 10-13-2006, 04:19 AM   #7
Spyk'd

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:

Finally, someone that appreciates the power of words...

...Thanks!

American Red
Keg Conditioning:
Gruit
On Tap:
ESB
Bottled:
Nada...
On Deck:
Porter, Belgian Abbey Ale
amandabab Likes This 
Old 10-13-2006, 05:22 AM   #8
Walker
I use secondaries. :p
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 86 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
On the other hand, a vibrant online community could not exist BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Besides, some of us are just naturally loquacious.
O RLY?

-walker

Old 10-13-2006, 05:26 AM   #9
disaffected
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

And I'd leave it at that, but I just discovered I have to have at least 10 characters in my post. I can safely say I've never encountered that problem before.

Old 10-14-2006, 12:26 AM   #10
LouisianaVince

Recipes 

Quote:
Just an avid reader with a solid sixth grade education.
Aw, c'mon, Breaux. You know you done gradyated the 8th grade!

LouisianaVince
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
Fermenting: AHS Bass Ale clone
Secondary: none
Drinking: Assorted commercial beers
Bottled: None: Drank it all!
Next up: AHS Old Speckled Hen clone, then AHS Imperial British Red

Quick Reply