Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Airlock was not secure!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2008, 10:44 AM   #1
brew hoperator
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Airlock was not secure!

I just found out that my airlock on my secondary was not snug. I apparently covered it the wrong way and there was a towel hanging on the airlock. I secured it back into place and it looks like the airlock water went back to the levels before. The airlock water makes it look like there is still co2 pressure, since one side is higher than the other.
Am I still okay?

Thanks

Edit- I used a bath towel and placed it over the airlock, stopper and Carboy. I didnt think that part through completely and about a day after I placed the towel I saw that the airlock became dislodged and was leaning over but still slightly in the carboy opening. I placed the airlock back on and it still has one side of the bubbler higher than the other. If the carboy did not have a complete seal for no more than two days, am I still okay?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2008, 03:11 PM   #2
TheJadedDog
AFK ATM
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I'm confused about what your procedure was for putting it in place. What do you mean by "covered it the wrong way"? Also, could you explain more about why there was a towel; what kind of towel, what was the towel used for?

More information will help answer your question better.

On Tap: Nadda
Primary: Nadda
Planning: Extra Special Bitter

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply