Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Airlock Doesn't Bubble

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2009, 10:03 PM   #1
captianoats
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts

Default Airlock Doesn't Bubble

So I made a 5 gallon pale ale extract recipe. I followed the tried and tested recipe to the tee. I was obsessive with my sanitation. I put it into my pale ale pail (as I like to call it) snapped on my airlock and waited....

and waited...

and waited...

I was patient. No bubbles ever came out of the airlock. Not one. And I am a confessed airlock watcher. Even sniffed the airlock and didn't get a whiff. Finally after about 2 weeks I popped off the lid, and lo and behold, fermentation happened. Gravity is where I want it, it had the left over krausen ring and everything.

I am posting this for all the newbies out there that are worried because their beer is not bubbling like they see on YouTube. Maybe it fermented slow, maybe I didn't get a perfect seal around my $2.00 airlock, maybe it only fermented when I was at work... (O.K. probably not that) But it still fermented, and in a few more weeks it is going to be a great beer.

RDWHAHB!!!

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music" --George Carlin

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2009, 10:06 PM   #2
pompeiisneaks
Why that human mask?
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 2

yeah as has been stated over and over... airlock activity, or lack thereof, does not mean anything! great point for all of us!

Fermenting/Kegged/Bottled NONE :( I moved to the NW and haven't had time to setup my brew rig since! (but hey, I'm in the Pacific NW so there's so much awesome beer I don't need to brew it as much hah!

Old 06-24-2009, 10:07 PM   #3
ChshreCat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 461 Times on 367 Posts
Likes Given: 17

My airlock hasn't bubbled even once, but I have made many batches of beer with it. Lately, I think I just put it on there out of tradition.

"Science + beer = good!"
-Adam Savage

Old 06-24-2009, 10:09 PM   #4
Makeyermark
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It's like the refridgerator light. How does it know when I am looking...

Drinking: Store Bought
Bottle Conditioning: Band Aid Hefe
Secondary: Air
Primary: Austin Home Brew Blue Moon Clone

Quick Reply