Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. I don't want to feel like I wasted my money on a lesser system only to end up buying the nicer one later anyway.
Although, from a smart budgeting/personal finance perspective, it would be smarter to wait until I'm really sure I need a bigger/nicer system before investing $5000+ in one. I can come up with the funds for it, but it would be a bit of a hit on our savings account. Its always better to leave money in savings whenever possible right? (I typically make terrible personal finance decisions, so this is a big step for me to try to exercise fiscal responsibility
If this lesser system is capable of doing essentially the same thing, just not as neatly, there's no real advantage to the brew magic now anyway. The used system will only allow me to do 5 gallon batches, but my fermenting and refrigerating equipment only really allows me to do 5 gallon batches right now anyway, so I don't need the ability to do 10gal batches...yet.