Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Adding Spice (paradise seed) to the primary or secondary??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2008, 01:24 PM   #1
ddemaagd
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Adding Spice (paradise seed) to the primary or secondary??

I just made a beligian wit from AHS. I was hoping to add a bit of paradise seed that i had purchased, but it slipped my mind.

It has been in the primary for about a week. Could I just make a "tea" out of the spices and add the water to the primary (we were considering skipping the secondary) or is there anything else i can do to get a bit of the paradise seed flavor??

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2008, 01:27 PM   #2
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 607 Times on 376 Posts
Likes Given: 54

The "tea" will work just fine.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:32 PM   #3
ddemaagd
Recipes 

would it be ok to add to the primary??? should i just pour it, or try to give it a gentle stir?? (i'm assuming gentle stir)

sorry for the stupid rookie ?????s

Old 07-11-2008, 01:45 PM   #4
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddemaagd View Post
would it be ok to add to the primary??? should i just pour it, or try to give it a gentle stir?? (i'm assuming gentle stir)

sorry for the stupid rookie ?????s
Yeah, just boil some water with the paradise seeds for 15 minutes. Then cool that solution down and dump it right into primary. With a witbier you don't need a secondary/bright tank.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Quick Reply