Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Adding extra flavoring

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2012, 11:04 PM   #1
Randolf
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Default Adding extra flavoring

Hey All, Gotta question, If you choose to use other flavorings in say a wheat beer,what do you use other than the obvious fruit. I brewed a SummerAle several weeks ago and when bottled,it had a profound lemony aroma and taste.I like that,but earlier I brewed a "Cherry Dunkelweis" using 2 oz of cherry flavoring,for a 2.5 gal. batch and you can hardly taste it. I used 4 oz of lemon for a 5.gal batch and 2oz of cherry for a 2.5 gal batch. Got any ideas why one batch should be more flavorful than the other,when I used the proper amounts of flavorings?. Both flavorings were added to the fermenter at 2+ weeks via airlock port. All ideas welcome,thanx in advance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 11:11 PM   #2
Dunerunner
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 29

It is going to depend on the flavor intensity of the beer and it's ability to "Take on" the falvoring you introduce. An American Wheat beer is relatively mild and will accept flavoring easily where the Dunkelweisen can exibit some banana and clove esters which may off set the flavoring or even conflict with it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply